- Losing Weight: 2 lbs per week is optimal for weight loss.
- Gaining Muscle: 1/2 - 1 lb of muscle per month is excellent.
- Muscular Adaptation Principle: Your body will adapt to exercise (stress) when that stress is greater than it's typical environment... If you want to change your body- you must change your workout!
- Specificity Training: To improve a specific muscle or exercise you must perform that specific exercise or work that specific muscle
- Consistency in Exercise: Exercise and Good Nutrition have a cumulative effect. To see Results you must keep it consistent!
- Cardiovascular Exercise: Low Impact cardio primarily targets fat stores. High impact cardio in-directly causes fat loss (your heart rate will stay elevated longer after high impact cardio impacting fat consumption) and is good for blood flow and improving cardiovascular conditioning.
- Caloric Intake: should ALWAYS be gauged by your Lean Mass... Not Body Weight (1200 Calorie Diets only make sense for a certain Lean Mass)
- There are only 3 Ways to Loose fat (not including surgery and hormone therapy) That's right! Every nutrition program you have ever heard of uses one of these three rules or some combination of the three.
- Fat Loss Ratio: 40% Protein 40% Carbohydrates 20% Fat
- Caloric Deprivation: Dropping your calories 10% + below your caloric needs
- Carbohydrate Deprivation: Dropping your Carbohydrates below 15% of your Total Intake
I challenge you to make a stride this week in your fitness program. Add a run... clean up your nutrition... get an extra workout in! Ask your BodyBlast Personal Trainer what you can do to make your program yield better results!
To Your Success,